Access All works with families and children with complex needs.
This includes children and young people with complex:
- behavioural needs
- medical needs
- manual handling needs
- communication needs
A detailed home visit and client assessment is undertaken to establish what service is
needed and what staffing ratio is required. Staffing ratios may require 2-1 in the home, and or in the community to support individual needs.
Care Packages can cover the following aspects of care:
- Personal Care
- Support at meal times
- Social Activities
- The implementation of behavioural plans to deal with specific behaviours which may be challenging e.g. school refusing
- Travelling to and from school
- Promoting and supporting independence and self-help skills
- Creating a fun, friendly and safe environment in which children and young people can thrive
Care staff will be trained in a multitude of areas including positive handling and behaviour
management techniques and in using alternative forms of communication for example:
- Augmentative communication devices
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Objects of reference
- Social stories
- Braille including use of specialist equipment for those with a visual impairment
Additionally, the Access All Management team will attend meetings to include Multi- Disciplinary, Children in Need, School meetings, CAMHS and Social Services reviews if and when required.