Access All have been working together with their Staff, Service Users and Families during this time to ensure our Service remains safe and effective for all those still require support from us.
We are following guidance and ensuring we are doing all we can to ensure safe practice, and reduce any risks to staff and to Service Users. We are also doing all we can to promote routine, activity and well-being.
Support for Clients and Families
As well as supporting Clients and Families who require essential care, we continue to have our Activity Coordinator, Christine, who's remit is entirely person centred. Our Coordinator tailor’s activities specific to individual needs and requirements.
Christine usually meets with Service Users and their families in their homes and creates activities based on people's preferences, however we recognise this is not possible during this time but still believe this role is needed, and possibly needed even more at the moment.
This photo's on the side of this page show some of the activities our Carers and Service Users have been doing together at home.
Please see below the things we are currently doing to support people whilst staying home:
- Christine is working together with the Management Team to create Activity Sheets for Service Users and their families to do at home. These can be accessed through our MACH system, our Social Media Platforms and in anyway that is most accessible for our Carers, Service Users and Families.
- Christine's Corner at Home will be released regularly, so that our Access All Community can join together in some interactive activities including fun facts about animals, sensory stories, activity ideas and cooking sessions. We will share this on our News Page, our Social Media Platforms and in anyway that is most accessible for our Carers, Service Users and Families.
- We will be facilitating 1:1 sessions for our Clients who request this, this could be with one of their regular Carers or with Christine.
Support for Staff
Our Management and Admin Team are currently working from home, but will continue to provide On Call Support as usual. We are continuing to provide our staff with access to quality training and supervisions.
We are so grateful to our dedicated, passionate and reliable team who are all doing their best to provide care to our Service Users and their families. To thank and support our staff we:
- Have been dropping small gifts to staff whilst on they are on shift.
- Have secured weekly online yoga sessions for each member of staff.
- Booked a group online yoga session for all staff to complete together.
We will continue to update this page regularly to share what we are doing during this time.
- Easy Read Information Click Here
- Government Advice for Home Care Providers Click Here
- Accessible information from Mencap Click Here
- The Government Ethical Framework for Adult Social Care Click Here